It’s July, and boy is it hot out there. The summer heat can take a lot out of you if you’re not careful. Though it’s always better to stay active and get plenty of fresh air and sunshine, we have to be mindful of the effects of excessive heat on our bodies and find healthful ways to stay cool and hydrated.
Luckily, there are plenty of cold treats that taste good and are good for you! The following recipes can all be made using our nutrient-dense Greens First products and a few simple, fresh ingredients that are easy to find. They’re refreshing and rehydrating, and a serving of each one contains a full daily allowance of critical vitamins, minerals, and immune-boosting probiotics.
GREENS FIRST BERRY POPS
1. Combine 6 scoops of Greens First Berry with 32 ounces of cold water in a pitcher.
2. If desired, add 2 tablespoons of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, lime juice, or orange juice for additional flavor.
3. Fill a popsicle mold with the mixture.
4. Freeze mixture until solid.
- 10 oz cold water
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 whole fresh or frozen banana (a frozen banana gives a texture similar to ice cream)
- 1 scoop Greens First Berry
- A teaspoon of natural vanilla or 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (if desired)
Combine water, ice cubes, Greens First Berry, and protein powder (if desired) in a blender. Mix on medium/high for 15-30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. (A frozen banana blends more easily if it’s broken into a few pieces first.)
PB & J AND BANANA SMOOTHIE
- 10-12 oz. cold water
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 whole fresh or frozen banana
- 1 scoop of Greens First Berry
- 1 teaspoon of natural vanilla
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
Combine water, ice cubes and Greens First in blender. Mix for 15-20 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. (A frozen banana blends more easily if it’s broken into a few pieces first.)
Greens First Berry products are available at Rollette Chiropractic Center. For more information, please call the Front Desk at (985) 345-9504.